San Diego: Drupal 7 is a remarkably powerful web content management system. But many newcomers find it puzzling, and most Drupal books are little complicated to help. If you wish to spend less time struggling with complex instructions, and more time creating sites that make you proud, this is the book for you!
Top Drupal trainer Stephen Burge teaches everything you need to know – and nothing you don’t need to recognize! You will master Drupal one easy step at a time, through a complete, real-world sample project. You will find simple explanations, crystal-clear visuals, perfect analogies – all widely tested with real Drupal beginners.
This Guide’s quick, easy coverage includes:
- Planning a site that will be easy to build and manage
- Installing Drupal and setting it up to work reliably and securely
- Quickly finding the Drupal tools and features you’re looking for
- Mastering an easy 3-step workflow for creating new content
- Delivering more interesting content with fields and new content types
- Creating intuitive site structures and user navigation
- Adding powerful site features with just a few clicks
- Completely redesigning your site in minutes with Themes
- Adding site search, registration, and more
- Presenting content in tables, lists, grids, or photo galleries
- Creating advanced layouts and 2- or 3-column designs
- Controlling what users on your site can see and do
- Preparing your site for launch
- Administering and updating a live site efficiently and safely
Drupal 7 Explained needs absolutely no experience with Drupal, content management, programming, website construction, scripting, or even HTML. Stephen Burge has taught thousands of beginners – and thousands more who have experimented with Drupal but have not mastered it yet. Nobody knows more about directing Drupal users up the learning curve – from confusion to results!
Read more: Drupal Web Development